Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Judge My Playlist, Volume 2: Crime, Most Sordid

Out ya go, son.
Another week, another playlist. I explained the project last week (so I don’t have to do it again; links as absolution for sloth), but, because “Cuter” always listened pretty well, I feel like I kicked some better fodder into No Man’s Land with this week’s selection of songs (or, like the kids like to call ‘em, playlists! Crazy, man, crazy.)

First of all, the title barely works. “Crime, Most Sordid,” I call this one, but that really applies cleanly to about half the songs. I’ll leave it to anyone who cares (anyone? anyone?) to sort the thematically-consistent wheat from the thematic-inconsisitent chaff…but, to give a clue, the latter mostly include songs about the essential supine state of drug addiction, and other bad decisions.

All the songs I dropped onto “Crime, Most Sordid” appears below and, as with last week, with links to whatever I can find on the Web, in the event Spotify doesn’t have the song I’m after. And, for the record, I came up empty once last week…songs are already getting lost, people…

Crime, Most Sordid
1. You Know I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
2. Don’t Darlene – Rocket from the Crypt
3. Killy Kill – Rocket from the Crypt
4. I Fought the Law – The Stray Cats
5. Carolina Drama – The Raconteurs
6. Black Batons – The Taxpayers (no Spotify, so link; also, for the curious, a performance video)
7. Pyscho Killer – Talking Heads
8. Son of Sam – Chain Gang
9. The Switch and the Spur – The Raconteurs
10. Rehab – Amy Winehouse
11. Thunderbird ESQ – The Gories
12. Signed D.C. – Love
13. Eclipse – The Beta Band
14. Shot by Both Sides – Magazine
15. Ballad of Private Rifle Sound – Centromatic
16. Treatment Bound – The Replacements
17. Jack on Fire – The Gun Club
18. The Card Cheat – The Clash
19. Rock & Roll – The Velvet Underground

Yep, that last one does not fit (fuck it; call it a first toe-dip into vice). At any rate, tell me what you think if the spirit moves you…I could pick this thing apart all day, even though I’m big on a lot of those songs (specifically, Tracks 2, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, and 18 – and, holy shit, does one of those not belong, like, in the least). Whether it’s organization, or grasping at songs to the fill out theme, this one feels like shooting fish in a barrel. Again, have at it. Or just enjoy.

Also, better success rate on Spotify carrying all the tracks. Beauty. All done.

No comments:

Post a Comment